A fair amount
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. Tails can be left on if you like.
1 C white grits.
2 C sharp cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon
2 cloves garlic
2 T olive oil
2 scallions, sliced on the bias
2 t Essence of Big Daddy, or to taste
4 C water
Salt and pepper to taste
3 T unsalted butter
4 t lemon juice
2 T chopped parsley
1 yellow onion diced
2 T Parmesan/Romano cheese.
- Follow directions to make 4 cups of grits, cooked.
- Fry bacon. Remove when crispy and cut into small pieces.
- Add onions and peppers to bacon grease. Sauté until tender. Add Essence of Big Daddy.
- Stir cheese and butter into grits until smooth.
- Add shrimp and cook until just opaque. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Plate grits. Add shrimp mixture on top. Top with bacon, scallions, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.