The ultimate comfort food.
- 3-4 lb. chuck roast
- 3 whole russet potatoes or 5 red potatoes
- 2 turnips, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 2” chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 T oregano
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine such as as Cab Sauv or Merlot
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 T coconut or olive oil
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high temp. When oil is hot and shimmering brown the roast deeply on all sides, about 5 mins per side.
- Remove roast and set aside. Drain oil from skillet, deglaze with wine and add to pressure cooker along with broth.
- Add onions, rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, red pepper, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Place roast on top of these ingredients.
- Lock lid in place on pressure cooker and select Meat/Stew mode, high pressure, set time to 75 minutes, and press start.
- When the cooking time ends allow pressure to release naturally for 10-20 minutes then open valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and turnips to pot, lock lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. When time has elapsed allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then do a quick release.
- Remove vegetables to serving platter. Shred roast and add to platter.
- Serve with horse radish.
*Strain juices from pot and use to make pan gravy or chill, remove fat, and use for stock to make Vegetable Beef Soup with leftovers.