Grill ’em, poach ’em, stick ’em in a stew.
- 1 lb. pound ground chicken or turkey. 85-15 if fine for this recipe as the extra fat adds flavor.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 sliced scallions
- 2 t soy sauce
- 1 1/2 t white miso paste (shiro miso)
- 2 t finely grated ginger
- 1/4 t sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Mix all ingredients together with your hands. Be sure to mix well so that all ingredients are distributed throughout the entire mixture.
- Form into 1 1/2″ to 2″ meat balls and place on plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to cooking. This will help the meatballs hold together when cooking them.
- If grilling, thread on skewers. It is easiest to use 2 skewers so that turning them is easier. You can also poach the meatballs in chicken broth or in a stew or soup. Either way cook until cooked through and serve immediately.
- Serve with soy-lime dipping sauce on the side.