An easy and satisfying meal. The soy-lime dipping sauce completes the flavor profile for the meat.
- 1 lb. sirloin, flank, or skirt steak.
- 4 oz. shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, split lengthwise and sliced.
- 2 T butter
- 1 T Olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- terriyaki sauce for marinating meat
- Put steak in plastic bag and pour in teriyaki sauce. Push the marinade to the end of bag and seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. The longer the meat marinates, the more is tense the teriyaki flavor will be.
- Grill the steak over high heat until it reaches desired doneness, about 4 mins per side for medium rare depending on the thickness of the steak. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting melt the butter in a skillet over med-low. When the butter has melted add the olive oils and turn increase heat to med-high. When the fat is hot add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 min. Add the leaks and sauté for 1-2 minutes more, continually stirring. Add a the soy sauce, cook 1 more minute, and remove from heat.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal against the grain. Serve with a side of steamed brown rice, a salad, roasted nori, and soy-lime dipping sauce. For a little extra kick add a teaspoon of prepared wasabi to the dipping sauce, or more to tast.